How to make alkaline water at home?
Water is a source of life. Hence our health directly depends on its quality. Currently we hear more people speaking about alkaline water, which can be undeniably called “water of life”. If you’re ready to learn why it is so beneficial for organism and how to make this kind of water at home, then you’re reading the right article.
Alkaline water benefits
It’s no longer a secret that any liquid has its pH level. This level indicates acid and base correlation in a solution. Normally pH level of body fluids in a healthy human organism ranges between 7.35 and 7.45. Unfortunately unhealthy food eating deep-rooted among contemporary consumers makes this balance instable.
Fruit and vegetables are alkaline-forming products, whereas animal protein diet increases acidity level in your body. Eating lots of meat and semi-finished products, cottage cheese, cakes, cheese, soda and fast food lowers pH level exposing organism to serious diseases like cardio-vascular issues, problems with stomach, diabetes.
Acidity process in a body takes the following steps:
- 1 step (chemical wastes and toxins formation, as a result people feel tired, weak and apathetic);
- 2 step (dry skin, constipation, diarrhea and other digestive organs problems);
- 3 step (poor inner organs functionality, mental weakness, menstrual disorder and anemia);
- 4 step (allergies, kidneys and liver issues, diabetes and oncological diseases).
What benefit does alkaline water bring?
Most of these problems in human organism can be avoided by drinking alkaline water, which is capable of maintaining normal pH level. Optimal acid-base balance ensures the following:
- Aging process slowing down and reducing the risk of age-related illnesses;
- Immune system boosting;
- Favoring gastro-intestinal tract functionality and avoiding digestive system issues;
- Improving overall health, boosting energy;
- Fighting free radical damage;
- Clearing organism from chemical wastes and toxins.
In plain language regular consumption of this “life-giving” water ensures strengthening your immune system, favors heart and blood vessels functionality, protects your skin, helps avoid gastrointestinal tract issues, boosts energy in your body, improves your sport performance and prevents oncological diseases. What’s more, alkaline water fomentation is used to cure trophic ulcers and to speeds up wounds skinning over.
How to make alkaline water at home
Regarding all the positive benefits that alkaline water offers, many of us wonder if it’s possible to make the “water of life” at home. Good news is that this is possible and quite simple.
- For making alkaline water you may buy PTV water ionizing system, which is a device that makes proper pH level in a liquid. You can use this water either for drinking or for cooking meals.
- If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative, then buying a pitcher filter is a nice choice. Please, check out this page to have a better understanding of what best alkaline water pitchers are.
- If you don’t have a special ionizing system or you live in a country, you can use melt water in winter. It is rather soft and has a pleasant taste. Its pH level is higher than that of tap water.
- City dwellers can freeze water for further alkalization. Yet tap water is not the best choice for this, you’d better use spring or well water. Try to keep the following in mind: it is advisable to remove the first frozen water, then after some hours put the ice out of the vessel and remove the rest of the water, which is slightly turbid. Melted ice is the thing we call alkaline water.
- The easiest way to alkalize the water is to put some lemon in it. One quarter of a lemon is enough, just squeeze its juice into a glass of water and here we go! Similar pH level have fresh squeezed pear, grape, apricot, mango or pineapple juice or vegetable juice made of parsley, celery, carrot or cabbage.
- To make plain water alkalized you can add some lecithin into it.
- Wood ash is also a perfect ingredient for making “water of life”, birch tree ashes preferably. Put some ashes into a linen bag, wash it under a stream of water, mix it with water and leave for 12 hours.
- Another alkaline water alternative is lime water. You need to wash eggshells, then crumble it and add into the water. If you drink this kind of water, not only will you maintain the proper pH level in your organism, but also bring some calcium in it.
- Mineral water is available at your local store. We recommend water without carbonic acid.
Finally, I should say that each of us is unique, as well as pH level will range for each person. Those with acidic state in their body should consume alkaline water in the first place, whereas people with good base levels should be careful with it. Hence to avoid negative effects before drinking alkaline water consult your doctor. I wish you good health!