Tips on How to Make Your Work in Word More Effective
Even if you have been working in MS Word for a long time and consider yourself an expert, you can always become more productive. Perhaps, you already know some of the techniques. But often it turns out that even true professionals go a long way and do not know many useful tricks. Check useful tips, which will help you to make your work with Word documents more productive.
Expert Advice on How to Work with Word Format
If you want to spend less time on your work in Word, then follow the tips below:
- Use autotext. This function can be used to quickly enter frequently used words and phrases. So you will save a lot of time. You can share this advice with colleagues and make life easier for them too. You just need to write the text (or make graphics) that you often use in documents, and format it if necessary. Then select the text and press Alt + F3. Enter a short name (for example, an abbreviation) and save. In the future, instead of the whole phrase, type the name you chose and press F3. A saved text or image automatically appears in the document.
- Insert options. When inserting text from the Internet or other files, you have to format it to fit your document style. Of course, you can choose the “text only” option every time, but you will probably forget about it at least once. In this case, you can make the insert without formatting the default option. If you have a document in PDF, you should use PDF to Doc converter to continue formatting the text in Word.
- Manage styles. You can remove text formatting by managing styles. Highlight the desired content and press Ctrl + Space or select “Normal” on the “Home” tab in the “Styles” group.
- Save the document to OneDrive or SharePoint Online. Click Share and choose who you want to work with this file with. Send an invitation for joint editing, and then the selected people will be able to join you. Anyone who has access to the document will see who makes what changes. So work on projects will be much more efficient: no one will have to wait for answers with edits and new information by mail.
- Use templates. On the Web, you can find and download a huge number of templates. You can start working with them and edit as needed - it is much faster than re-creating a project.
- Use an application. In the mobile application on Android and iOS, you can create and edit documents from your smartphone or tablet and view files from the cloud storage. It is better to use the Word application than other mobile editors: so you will be sure of the uniformity of formatting and you can always have access to the latest version of the document - in the desktop program, in the browser version of Word, on a smartphone or tablet.
Now you are ready for the most productive work in Word!